Pages

10/2/11

It's all about decorating with apples

A few days ago my aunt and uncle gave me some apples from their apple trees. A TON of apples.  At first I thought that I would have a baking marathon with them - and well......that never happened. I didn't want to keep them in the brown bag that they came in, so I started looking around the house to see how I could use them in displays and decorations and then use as I needed for baking or just eating. Here are some pictures of my displays.

The first one is in the entry hall - I know it's unusual to have a shelf with apples as soon as you enter the house, but I like the way it looks.

 The apples under the glass cloche makes the them look like a pieces of art- very sculptural .




Notice how the black stand makes the red in the apples  pop off of the wall color.


Well, since I have many more apples than these three, I had to find other spots to hold them .  I had a birdcage sitting in the porch, and since it was empty - it was a perfect solution .





After giving dozens of apples away to family and friends, I still had enough to add a display in the living room.I played around with different options until  I liked the balance.  What do you think?

I didn't want to use the traditional fall colors and be too orange/yellow and red.........
The dried hydrangeas are from our garden - they add the right touch of fall-ish-ness.
Cake stands are great for anything that you want to display. I added the green moss to add some life - love it !


The end result

These pewter candlesticks are from a thrifting outing , along with the bowls that are just set on top . I could epoxy them and make a permanent, but I like changing the bowls out for different occasions.

This would be a great mantel display at Christmas time too .

1 comment: